What a ride. I’ve gone from monochrome to full colour in the space of 2 months, am I dizzy yet? No! It feels so gooooood. In the second series of my makeover with Builders I’ve taken on my bedroom in subtle but not so subtle way (read no crazy paint). The major change has been the headboard, an addition that makes the room feel so much warmer and way comfier. Photography by Miss Moss.
BEFORE – super paired-back and minimal. La Muerte taking centre stage on the cushion.
AFTER – a sudden death to minimalism as the room erupts in a riot of delicious colour…
The insane wall basket (which is not a wall basket but I coaxed it into submission) is from Design Afrika
The headboard is from Builders. In the larger stores you just have to go to their “curtaining” section and you’ll see a selection of headboard styles and fabric to choose from. I chose the “deep buttoned” style in Bartlett and Dunster fabric, design called “Candy” and colour 30. It has a very soft velvety silky feel.
TIPS to remember when you want to give your bedroom a face lift:
- Bed linen is always a good investment. Go for 100% cotton or linen and make sure it feels good on your skin. Choose this range in base colours like white, grey or navy
- Scatter cushions are a fun and inexpensive way to dress up your bed. Be adventurous with colour, shape and texture and try to mix it up and much as possible
- Hang something interesting above your bed. Whether it’s your favourite photograph that you have blown up, a piece of art or something interesting like a collection of sun hats, make it personal and make a statement
- Plants are never a bad idea
- Clear away the clutter. Nothing makes a space feel instantly better than a good clear out and bright natural light.